Wednesday, June 16, 2021

What I did last Week

During lock down last year here in Victoria the Bendigo Arts officers created an online gallery for people to send in works, pieces and writing that they created during that time. I hadn't during that time created any work. They did however create another opportunity this year when we went into a 7 day snap lock down to send in work which I took the opportunity to do. You can find that particular week here. And below is the image I created and a little bit about it. You can find the other online galleries for this project by clicking here.

"In these challenging times, we created an online exhibition as a way of sharing work and encouraging art-making.
 
The aim each week was to program a diverse exhibition, showing a variety of artistic expression.  Local artists were invited to submit a single still image – a photograph, a photograph of an artwork or a digital image and text to describe the artwork, or the idea behind it.
 
Over 32 weeks we collected 780 artworks by 175 artists."



                               
                                            Snakeskin Jacket, 2 June 2021

I used the quote from the film Wild at Heart as my friend Leonie kept saying it due to the fact one day she had a similar style coat on. I have used coloured pencils on black paper with some collage of magazine pieces. Nothing special but gave me inspiration to create some art.

No comments: