Sunday, October 10, 2010

Audrey Kawasaki :: Tangled


The amazingly talented Audrey Kawasaki is exhibiting new works at Outré Gallery in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth during October/November 2010.

What I love about her work is the dreamlike colors and amazing detail in the innocent girls that she creates. Below is one of my favorite works by Audrey, I like the subtle pink & green showing through on the wood grain and the natural curly-ness of the tentacles. Her ability to create such imaginative works is surreal. This exhibition is a must see.

^ OctoGirls by Audrey Kawasaki : Oil on wood 24x15 : Venus - Roq La Rue : 2006 // via here.

 
There is a lot I think she will like about Melbourne, mostly cute little cafe's, hidden alleyways adorned with street art and of course Outré Gallery amoung other places. These include: 1000 £ Bend, Little Cupcakes, City Lights/Hoiser Lane, Brunswick Street boutiques and the little eateries in Degraves Street.

~ Outré  Gallery Presents ~

Tangled
New works by US artist Audrey Kawasaki

Melbourne: 23rd October - 10th November
Sydney: 30th October 15th November
Perth: 6th November - 20th November

For more information head over here!

2 comments:

TK said...

oh I wish she was exhibiting in Adelaide!!!!

TK said...

ps - Kelly I have tagged you in my blog so hope you can find the time to join in & share more stuff about you!! TK xx