Sunday, November 16, 2008

mountain of news.


I haven't been able to update this for some time but a lot of things are slowly coming up. Latest artwork I have created has been selected for the Red Ribbon Art Competition and Exhibition in support of aids. The opening will be held the 21st of November @ 6.30pm @ TAFE's Gallery B in Chapel Street, Bendigo. There aree prizes for best art, a silent auction and if you just want to purchase art you are able to. The art that I created had to include a red ribbon. It is entitled Feathery Red, Placid Black and is a mixed media piece on canvas.

Unfortunatly I will be in Sydney that night with other art like related things. My art as you know will be on The Birthday Massacres Australian Tour Shirt and I am also going to the Sydney gig as of Mz Ann Thropik. I will be helping with prep, having tea with them and a whole lot more. This is a great opportunity for my art to get around more as whoever buys a tour shirt will be wearing something I have created.

In other news I have created a small comic for an upcoming online Sydney zine. I have to redue it due to the paper quality wasn't good scanning material. It was inspired by a set of early character drawings I did in my Year 12 Art General folio. So this is another great opportunity.

Also in Allan's Walk Artist Run Space news. Had the first commitee meeting last week. It was held at The Wine Bank. Me and my mum were selected for an exhibition next year at the local space. I'm much looking forward to it and should be great. It will be something different collaborating with mum and having our own exhibition.

I think thats about it for now...I did get a lovely message from an American friend saying he wants my art as his next tattoo. So that made me feel special ^_^



No comments: