Friday, March 25, 2011

Across The Bridge.

As part of the Eaglehawk Dahlia and Arts Festival is the Eaglehawk Art Award and this year I finally got around to checking it out. Took a little trip yesterday with my Conceive and Develope Exhibition Design class to view it. Across The Bridge was the theme for this year and there were some interesting works from mixed media, painting and sculpture. The winner of the award was Trefor Prest with his sculpture piece Backwards, created from Brass, Copper & Canvas {which was also one of my favorites}. I loved the steampunk feel to the sculptural contraption, would love to own a piece of his work.

^ Backwards by Trefor Prest.

2 comments:

TK said...

trying to get my head round it.....the more I study it, the more I like it!! Thanks for sharing some of your travels & finds - always inspiring me, TK xx

tjoyy said...

love that word steam punk!