Monday, August 30, 2010

the south sea.

On Saturday night I travelled down to Keysborough to see the debut bout of the South Sea Roller Derby league. It was called "The Bout for Blood" with The Cutthroat Charmers and the Dolly Rogers to face off against each other. I travelled with a group of ladies from the Dragon City Derby Dolls league {which I am apart of as freshie here in Bendigo} and younger sister. I had loads of fun seeing a bout for the first time with only knowledge from training and watching Whip It. I bought heaps of league badges and stickers from the merchandise stands that were there and was amazed by how many people arrived. I am looking forward to seeing future bouts and continuing on with the league here.


^ The Cutthroat Charmers and Dolly Rogers warming up before the place got packed.

2 comments:

Lightning Heart said...

oh i've been meaning to get to a derby show here in adelaide for a while now but still haven't made it. i will next time though, it looks like so much fun!

Doll Eyes said...

love this pic!!!